Every person has a problem
- Romans 3:10 "As it is written: 'There is none righteous, no, not one;'"
- Romans 3:23 "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,"
Every person’s problem comes with a penalty
- Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."
God has a plan for your eternal life
- John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
God has made a provision for the penalty
- Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
- Rom. 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
By now you may be asking, "What must I do to be saved?"
- Acts 16:30-31 "And he brought them out and said, 'Sirs, what must I do to be saved?' So they said, 'Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved,…'"
A Person must make a personal response to receive the provision
- Romans 10:9-10 "that if YOU confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
- Romans 10:13 “For whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved."
God makes a promise each person who believes
- John 3:36 "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."
At this point you are encouraged to pray and call on the Lord to save you. Your prayer can go something like this:
- Dear God, I recognize I am a sinner and I cannot save myself. I recognize my sins were against You. I understand and I believe that your Son, Jesus Christ, came to this world and would die, being crucified for me. I believe that after He was buried, He arose on the third day. Today I am calling on you to save me based on my belief in and trust of Jesus Christ by faith for my salvation. Thank you for saving me!
We encourage you to do three things now if you have believed and called on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- If you have a Bible, write the date you prayed to ask Jesus to be your Savior by John 3:36.
- Tell someone and e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we would love to celebrate this with you!
- Attend Salem, or a church close to you, and tell the pastor you got saved and that you want to be baptized. This is how you show the world you are a Christ follower and then attend church so you can grow in your knowledge of Jesus Christ.